PNB (Punjab National Bank) does provide the three type of Credit Cards such as PNB Global Platinum Card, PNB Global GOLD Card and PNB Global Classic Card.
How to apply for New Credit Card of PNB
Any individual who satisfies the eligibility criteria as laid down can apply for “PNB Global Credit Card”. Application form can be downloaded from the home page of this website or obtained from any of the branch located in metro/urban/semi-urban centers.
|1||Educational Qualification||Minimum 10th Class Pass|
|2||Age:||For Primary Card||For Add-on-Card|
|3||Income Criteria: –||Classic Card||Gold Card||Platinum Card|
|Salaried Individuals||Min Rs. 1,00,000/- P.A||Min. Rs. 2,50,000/- P.A.||Min. Rs. 5,00,000/- P.A.|
|Business/Self Employed/Professionals||Min Rs. 1,00,000/- P.A||Min. Rs. 2,00,000/- P.A.|
|4||Address Status:||The applicant should either be resident/employed within the city limit of identified center|
|5||Applicant Should have a banking relationship with us (PNB) with a satisfactory track record of minimum 6 months.|
Documents to be submitted:
The Printed Application form is available with identified branches of PNB. The duly completed application form should be accompanied with the following documents:-
- Proof of residence: Any of the following latest documents, copy duly verified from the original will be enclosed with the application for a credit card:
- Ration Card
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Bank Account Statement
- Letter from employer (to the satisfaction of the Bank)
- Letter from any recognized public authority (to the satisfaction of the Bank)
- Credit Card Statement
- Income/wealth Tax Assessment Order
- Letter from Public Sector Employer
- Letter from any recognized public authority having a proper and verifiable record of the issuance of such certificates.
- Voter ID Card (only if it contains the current address)
- Pension Payment Orders issued to retired employees by Government Departments/Public Sector Undertakings, if they contain a current address.
- Copies of Registered lease & License agreement/Sale Deed/Lease Agreement.
- In respect of officials of Central/State Governments and Public Sector undertakings, who are low-risk customers for Bank, Branch Heads may verify the Photo/identity and confirm the residential address of such officials from independently verifiable sources, to their satisfaction, and permit opening of accounts. This facility is extended only to the Gazetted officers of Central/State Government and Senior Management and above functionaries of Public Sector Undertakings.
- Latest telephone bills from any telephone service providers and mobile service providers postpaid.
- Consumer gas connection card/book/Pipe gas bill.
- Certificate from ward/equivalent rank officer, maintaining election roll certifying address of the applicant.
- Post Office Saving Pass Book.
- Domicile Certificate with communication address and photograph.
- Certificate by village Extension Officer (VEO) / Village Head or equal or higher rank officer. Branch to confirm the authenticity of the certificate and that it has been issued by the person who is holding the said office.
- Court divorce order – Marriage annulment order issued by Court.
- Documents issued by Govt. departments of foreign jurisdictions and letter issued by Foreign Embassy or Mission in India.
- Water Bill
- Property or Municipal Tax Receipt.
- Letter of allotment of accommodation from employer issue by state or Central Govt. Departments, statutory or regulatory bodies, public sector undertakings, scheduled commercial banks, financial institutions and listed companies. Similarly, leave and license agreements with such employers allotting official accommodation.
[# Not More than 2 Months Old]
- Proof of Identity: – Any of the following documents, with authenticated photograph thereon, copy duly verified from the original will be enclosed with the application for a credit card.
- PAN Card
- Voter’s Identity Card
- Driving License
- The letter issued by UIDAI containing details of name, address, and Aadhaar Number.
- Identity card issued by following authorities (subject to the banks’ satisfaction)
- Government/Defense ID Card
- ID Cards of reputed Public Sector employers.
- Pension Payment Orders issued to the retired employees by central/state Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings.
- Photo ID Cards issued by Post Offices
- Photo Identity issued by any public authority having a proper record of the issuance of identity proof which is verifiable from records.
- Ex-Serviceman Card with Photograph.
- Bar Council/ Medical Association/ Institute of Chartered Accountants of India/ Institute of Cost Accountants of India/ Institute of Company Secretaries of India, Card with Photograph.
- Defense Dependent’s Card with Photograph.
- Statutory/regulatory authorities
- Scheduled Commercial Banks
- Public Financial institutions.
- Letter from a recognized public authority or public servant verifying the identity and residence of the customer to the satisfaction of Bank.
- Married woman identity proof with maiden name, if supported with a verified true copy of marriage certificate.
- Credit card with a photo together with a statement of such card, not more than three months old.
- Registered Property document with photo identity.
- Arms License Issued by state/Central Government of India.
- Freedom fighter’s pass issued by Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India with Photograph of the applicant.
- Employee State Insurance Card (ESIC) with Photograph supported by latest month’s pay slip.
- Talati/Patwari (a local Govt. official) attestation by way of putting rubber stamp and signature. Gram Sarpanch / Mukhiya attestation by way of putting rubber stamp and signature.
[NOTE: If passport having current address is given as proof of identity, there is no need to give separate for address.]
- Proof Of Income:
- For Salaried Persons: Copies of Latest.
- Salary Slip
- Salary Certificate
- IT return duly acknowledged by IT Deptt.
- Form 16
2. For Self-employed/professionals:
- IT return duly acknowledged by IT Deptt.
- PAN Card or Form 60/61 (with Photo ID).
- Pension slip/last 6 months bank statement in which the credit of pension is reflecting.
- Self Attested Copy
- PAN Card or Form 60/61 (with Photo ID)
All Credit Card applicants should affix his/her Passport size Photograph on Credit card applications form at the space provided. Applicant should put his Signature across the Photograph.
In the case where applicant opts for a Photo-card, he has to submit on more copy of Photograph without putting his/her signature for purpose of scanning for a photo card. This is applicable to both applicants for primary and/or add-on cards.
The complete application along with the documents should be submitted at any branch in identified center.
Different Between Credit and Debit Card
Credit card use is really beneficial for us but sometimes it’s become the reason of trouble and the people who use a credit card they do not know about the same. I am just going to make them aware about the same. Credit Card and Debit card is quite different in between as if you want to use the debit card, the account balance is necessary to use the debit card. But, in credit card, the account balance does not require to use it as there is some amount of limit to use the credit card and you can use your credit card till that limit and bank will take that amount from you with the respective interest later on. As the name does describe it “Credit Card”. You just borrow the amount from the Bank for limited time period and later on pay that amount with interest.
Advantage of Credit Card
There is some good benefit of a Credit card as if you want to make the payment to some via electronic method then you can use it. You may also use it to do shopping and in an emergency because you can use it real time even if you don’t have money and return the money to the bank in the respective time frame. You can also take the EMI option through Credit Card.
Disadvantage of Credit Card
There is some disadvantage of a credit card as well for those who does not do good money management for him/herself. Because we always use the credit card correct and in a good manner on the necessary thing. If you use the credit card on unnecessary thing then it will really difficult to manage the bill of the credit card and at the end, you will not able to make the credit card payment. Then, you will be in trouble from the bank end.